This year’s North London Waste Prevention Exchange (Friday 15 March 2019, Inmarsat Conference Centre) focused on reuse, looking at how we can move away from single use products and drive towards a circular economy. The event covered topics such as the psychology of reuse and the challenges and opportunities linked to reuse.
Slides from the morning are available via the links below:
- Patrick Mahon, Waste and Resources Action Programme: Resources and Waste Strategy
- Lisa Foster, Coca-Cola: A sustainable packaging strategy in support of a circular economy
- Tim Cooper, Nottingham Trent University: Consumers and the throwaway culture: victims or culprits
- Jürgen Blondeel, KOMOSIE: Reuse in Flanders: success factors
- Terry Tudor, University of Northampton: Reuse in the circular economy
The afternoon consisted of a workshop led by Ricardo AEA, which focused on what local authorities can do to tackle single use plastics in the context of the circular economy.
You can read the summary report of last year's event here, or watch our video below.