Business waste reduction
Every business generates waste. Whatever kind of waste you produce, it will cost you money to dispose of. By doing nothing, your costs will continue to rise as the cost of managing waste increases. Businesses of all sizes can benefit from cutting waste and it doesn't cost the earth.
Top 10 tips for saving money:
- Talk to your waste contractor or your council about recycling collections
- Set up separate used cooking oil collections, food waste collections, or look into composting
- Recycle your old electricals for free via the 1, 2, 3 Recycle for Free service, free phone: 0800 085 1050
- Ask before giving customers bags, disposable cutlery, or paper serviettes
- Stock loose items where possible and avoid over-packaged products
- Ensure staff have reusable mugs and glasses, not disposable cups
- Reuse incoming packaging and boxes for outgoing deliveries
- Use rechargeable batteries and refillable printer cartridges
- Reuse envelopes and convert scrap paper into note books
- Always print double-sided
How did they do it?
Watch inspirational case studies from a shop, a cafe and a factory about how they reduced their waste, and how it has helped improve their bottom line: